With Crisp, CPG brands can access timely, granular data from 40+ retailer and distributor partners directly in Snowflake – giving them actionable insights to project demand, grow sales, and streamline operations.
A home for retail data in the cloud
More than ever, retailers are sharing mission-critical data with brands to help them predict demand, stay ahead of shopper trends, and keep their supply chains running smoothly. But as more insights become available across thousands of points of distribution, retailer data only becomes as valuable as a brand’s ability to ingest, store, and access it. This has become particularly relevant with the introduction of Walmart Luminate, Walmart’s groundbreaking new data platform that offers unprecedented visibility – and an unprecedented volume of data – for brands to leverage.
As a result, modern CPGs are upgrading their technology stack to the Snowflake Data Cloud, where a vast array of data is more accessible, economical, and shareable. As a partner on the Snowflake Marketplace, Crisp helps CPG clients automate the flow of their latest sales and inventory information into the Snowflake environment.
With Crisp, brands can access ready-to-query daily sales and inventory data from 40+ retail sources directly within Snowflake. Crisp automatically ingests and consolidates up to two years of backfilled data into a consistent, ready-to-use format, helping brands easily monitor sales and supply chain performance to drive sales, operations, and merchandising decisions.
Crisp eliminates the cumbersome process of pulling reports, cleaning up data sets, and managing internal data pipelines, which often keep CPG teams from realizing the full value of retail data. What’s more, analysts can join retail data with other data sets in Snowflake (such as first-party, marketing, and syndicated data) for additional value-added insights. Data in Snowflake can then be exported into other apps to power daily decision-making across the business.
“Crisp’s Snowflake connector has allowed our team to seamlessly ingest retail sales and inventory data directly into our data lake. Incorporating this level of granular data directly into our reporting has allowed our team to gain greater visibility into retail trends as they happen while enabling segmentation and the ability to drill into store or SKU cohorts.”Kyle Chu, Business Intelligence Analyst, PopSockets
When data flows, so does revenue
With seamless access to daily SKU- and store-level data from all of their retailer partners, brands can get actionable insights to unlock new business opportunities and realize cost savings.
“Crisp’s Snowflake connector has allowed our team to seamlessly ingest retail sales and inventory data directly into our data lake,” said Kyle Chu, Business Intelligence Analyst at PopSockets. “Incorporating this level of granular data directly into our reporting has allowed our team to gain greater visibility into retail trends as they happen while enabling segmentation and the ability to drill into store or SKU cohorts.”
With Crisp, brands can leverage retail insights to:
- Prevent out-of-stocks: Brands can easily monitor supply levels at Distribution Centers and retail locations alongside projected sales to allocate inventory, keep shelves stocked, and prevent waste.
- Improve sales and merchandising: With daily visibility into store-level sales performance, suppliers can capitalize on trends, optimize assortments, and measure the impact of promotions.
- Optimize media spend: A Leader in the Enrichment category of Snowflake’s 2023 Modern Marketing Data Stack, Crisp helps CPG marketers leverage store-level data to refine media strategies and evaluate the impact of digital campaigns on omnichannel sales.
Get started on the Snowflake Marketplace
Through the Snowflake Marketplace, brands can browse Crisp’s data documentation, explore sample data sets, and start the process of connecting retail data to Snowflake.
Here are a few ways to get started:
- View Crisp’s listings in the Snowflake Marketplace, where you can access a sampling of harmonized POS data, as well as access full schemas for every retailer Crisp supports. View additional documentation on Crisp’s Knowledge Base.
- Learn about Snowflake’s Capacity Drawdown Program, where Snowflake customers can apply their Snowflake Capacity commitment toward third-party data and Snowflake Native Apps seamlessly on Snowflake Marketplace
- Contact us to learn more and get a live demo