We have all received countless emails describing how various corporations are responding to Coronavirus, ranging from closings to additional PTO. I tasked our leadership team to formulate our own internal response in line with our core values:
- We are Empathetic
- We are Efficient
- We are Delightful
- We are Passionate
Our guiding principle is that we will do everything in our power to make sure that the health of our employees - and their families - both physical and emotional - is supported by Crisp. First, let me mention that we are grateful to be part of the FirstMark community. FirstMark are also investors in Ro, which is offering free online Coronavirus assessments at https://covid.ro.co/crisp/. This is a digital assessment that, if necessary, includes an online video-based consultation with a medical provider. We are pleased to be able to offer this free service to our community of colleagues, customers and friends at Crisp.
Here are additional actions we decided to take:
- We will offer personalized support for every employee. We are scheduling individual conversations with every employee to understand their unique situation and evaluate how we can help.
- Work from home is strongly encouraged but for those who prefer to go into an office, we will work to upgrade offices to be private / bigger if need be. Any additional equipment to make work from home more productive will be provided.
- We will help source and pay for part-time childcare in states where kids are mandated to stay home from school. If an employee needs a nanny or babysitter during this time, Crisp will help pay for it. We will pay for travel for relatives or others who can come help with childcare. We will help research and pay for alternate day-care options and activities for children.
- We will support you with what you need so if you need additional sick days/ PTO days those will be provided.
- For employees who rely on public transportation to get to work, we will pay for a car service to safely get employees to our offices or meetings.
- We will establish a communication channel with official information for everyone to have access to.
- Crisp's insurance company Aetna will:
Waive co-pays for all physician-ordered diagnostic testing related to COVID-19.
For the next 90 days, Aetna will offer zero-dollar co-pay telemedicine visits for any reason.
Through existing care management programs, Aetna will proactively reach out to members most at-risk for COVID-19.
CVS Pharmacy will also waive charges for home delivery of prescription medications, offer 90-day maintenance medication prescriptions for insured members, and Aetna will waive early refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications for all members with pharmacy benefits administered through CVS Caremark.
- In the extremely unlikely event where any employee or family member gets sick and needs treatment, we will do anything in our power to help them.
- Crisp encourages employees to also donate to their local food banks and will reimburse food donations to help children and families in need in your local community.
- We think of ourselves as a close-knit family - please take this time to take care of each other, and check-in on your colleagues' mental and physical well-being.
Crisp as a company is safe. Our remote way of work is an advantage in these times, we are financially solid, and the need for a more transparent, predictable and digitized food supply chain is increasing.
My hope is that by sharing this list, other companies will be inspired to reach out to understand the needs of each and every one of their employees and to develop creative solutions as appropriate.